Weekend Finds


So this weekend I found myself at two of the best estate sales I think I've ever gone to. I say I found myself as if I had no idea of the Saturday morning routine that got us there. Anyway, I got a bunch of paint by number paintings for only $5. There was one more of a seascape, but I gave that one to my aunt for her beach house. The moose (moose!) one is my favorite because it isn't finished so you can still see some of the numbers. I'm not sure where these are going yet, but I'm sure they'll find their way into the rotating art collection in the house. The moose one will probably get stored until next winter since I'm not sure I'll want to look at snowy scenes in the summer (I don't even want to look at the snowy scenes outside my window right now!)


Yes, that is an incredibly large desk lamp, well floor lamp really, but I thought it was too cool to pass up. I'm pretty sure I saw one of these on one of those all white Scandi-blogs recently. The Aalto-esque three legged stool (though it looks two-legged in this picture) was found a another sale. I'm not sure where he will wind up. I have a feeling some major furniture rearranging is going to be happening in the near future.


And yes, I finally found a pair of matching lamps for my office desk. They are shiny, but slightly pitted brass which I'm totally okay with. I like that they show some age. Please ignore the shade, I just grabbed something to see what size will look best. I'm thinking a natural linen drum shade to tie in with the dining room which is connected to the office. They'll wind up costing more than the lamps themselves. Now I really have to get moving with painting the office!

I did get a few other things, an art deco hand mirror, a necklace and an opalescent glass container (which you can see a bit of in the first picture), but they aren't nearly as cool as these. There was also some gardening done this weekend, but now it's snowing so... well... crap.



Comments

Samantha said…
Totally cool weird floor lamp.
Vintage Scapes said…
LOVE the white floor lamp!
Wow, what great deals. We were just talking about how much we love paint by numbers at our install today. :) You found some great ones! Thanks so much for stopping by FTRB!
Oh I love that little lamp with the swirly graphic shade...Beautiful geometric base contrasted with craziness on top...great find! Can't wait to see where it ends up living!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog
cctv karachi said…
This is generally a wonderful website i should say,I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work
1

Popular Posts